Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Iteration 2 - finished, iteration 3 - plans

Even though I had to cut this iteration in half, I will call it finished. My estimate was quite off since there were many changes that forced some architecture changes. Lets check the checklist to see what was actually done and what was moved to the next iteration.

1. 2 new types of weapons
       - laser (goes through stuff)
       - missiles (explodes)

2. 2 new types of enemies
    - asteroid - breaks into smaller asteroids
    - generic enemy - randomly generated hostile player ships, are ok, but...

3. 2 alternative devices
    - shield
    - mining device

4. 2 new attack patterns
    - wave formation
    - invaders formation

5. 2 new locations
    - asteroid field
    - "invaders

And if you look at the screenshot... there is no way that gray something is and asteroid. And it is not. Halfway through the development I realized, that I am actually creating some crashed ship debris. When I realized that I had to do some "special" tiles. Exploding ones, shooting ones, cargo containers... Yeah, it was totally off the scope, but still seemed like a good idea to attempt it since it seemed like it could put my class design to a test... and it did.

Next iteration will be all about enemy movement. So far everything moved in one direction, next patch will change everything. So scope for the next iteration:

1. new attack patterns

It will also include new weapon, new level and new enemy, but that's just minor.

Aaand stats: It took 19,48 hours to get this done. (6 hours shield, 8 hours debris)
next iteration will probably take 8 - 16. Depends if I get stuck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment